Complex Modelling and Analysis
Constructing detailed financial and operating models to value existing and potential business activities. Incorporating, as appropriate, the specifics of:
- Contract terms including Gas Sales Agreements and JV arrangements.
- Project financing requirements (debt covenants, cash ratios).
- Fiscal regimes (PRRT, PSCs, APT, royalties).
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis (development, production, pricing, timing).
- Transaction structures for mergers or acquisitions.
Research and Reporting
Assessing technical and economic aspects of investment opportunities.
- Industry segment overviews identifying drivers of success, key players and areas of potential investment.
- Individual company reports ranging in market cap from $5mn to over $50bn.
- Project/asset analysis examining prospectivity and economic viability.
Development of Analytical Methodologies and Tools
To analyse, interpret and manage large amounts of data and information (technical and financial).
- Constructing tools to facilitate on-going updates, manipulation of data and generation of required outputs.
- Examples include:
- Identifying and assessing prospects using structural and geochemical data;
- Identifying formation characteristics and basin trends based on well-log measurements;
- Tracking company performance and calculating industry comps using financial data and stock trading information.
Stakeholder Management and Marketing
Communicating with and presenting to investors, management and clients.
- Preparation of presentations to market company assets to potential investors and JV partners.
- Regular reporting of asset/company performance to management and investors.
- Presenting research findings to clients and other stakeholders.
- Training clients to use tools/models constructed specifically to meet their requirements.